My Blog List

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Kelsey headed off to camp today, I am really going to miss her. Now when I hear a loud crash I can no longer assume it is just Kelsey falling down the stairs. (for the third time this week) Lauren called me today and I told her Kelsey was at camp, I reminded her to call her on Friday to see how camp was. She asked "did she bring a blow dryer?" I asked her why in the world would she bring a blow dryer. (Obviously my fashion major, high maintenance daughter has never been camping.) No, Lauren she is not going to glamour camp. I bet they don't even have tanning beds in the cabins.

I checked Kelsey's bag that she packed last night and took everything out to label it with a sharpie. I asked her if she packed underwear that fit or did she grab Maggie's. She has a bad habit of wearing her six year old sisters underwear that are about four sizes too small instead of getting hers out of the laundry room. I started pulling them out of the bag and was horrified at what she packed. She had two pair of 4 toddler underwear and one pair that the dog had eaten the crotch out of. I said "great. Kels, crotchless panties for camp, where did you put your go go boots?" She laughed and said she didn't notice them when she packed.

It was my turn to drive to Erin's practice tonight. I worked on homework for a while in the van until it got to dark. Then I went outside so I could be dinner for all the mosquito's in St. Louis County. I am glad someone got dinner tonight!!

I got home and Maggie said there was some excitement in the neighborhood. Someone was tied up, had a baseball bat, was robbed, almost ran over someone, and the husband and wife were screaming at each other, she should have thrown in a rape and a murder while she was at it. I called a neighbor to get the real story. I think a teenager was driving too fast and almost hit a little boy. The little boys father detained the girl until the police came. Maggie's story was much more exciting. It kind of makes me nervous to go to parent teacher conferences this year. I wonder if her teacher knows that Dave ties me up and chases me down the street with baseball bats.

No comments: