My Blog List

Sunday, October 21, 2007



It is so nice to have a clean house. I wonder how long it will last?? I was able to sit outside on my deck today, enjoying the beautiful fall day. I drew a few pictures of trees and plants in my sketch book for homework for my art class. I didn't even sit in the drivers seat of the van all day. I kind of missed my old friend. NOT!!! I guess this is the kind of relaxing normal people do every weekend. That is, people who didn't take the phrase "be fruitful and multiply" quite as literally as we did.

Lauren and her boyfriend Mike came over for dinner tonight. Shannon's friends all have a huge crush on Lauren's boyfriend . We went up to the fall festival at church this afternoon. Shannon had been up there all day working, earning her service hours. When we arrived a crowd of eighth grade girls came barrelling in the side entrance of the gym . I smiled and said "Hi girls, are you that happy to see me or could it be Mike??" They looked embarrassed and ran away giggling.

Tomorrow is the big day. Maggie gets to wear her Margaret Mary costume to school for the prayer service. I am thinking of whipping up a costume for myself so I can show up in a disguise so no one knows that I am the idiot that sent my kid to school in a nun costume last week. Last week she had all of her teeth. Now she looks like the patron Saint of people on the TV show COPS!!

Sam was going to come home tonight for dinner and spend the night. She still has to go to soccer practice even though she has a bum knee. She said she still is part of the team so she is expected to sit on the sidelines and shiver to show support for the team. After practice her car wouldn't go forward. She has a transmission fluid leak so she has problems with her car allot. The car is only 3 years younger than she is and it is most likely not going to end up in any Dairy Queen antique car show anytime soon. She didn't feel that her driving skills were good enough to make the 40 mile trip home in reverse so she stayed at her apartment. Dinner was good, sorry we missed you Sam!! Maggie ate corn and a roll, Ryan didn't eat, Erin was too full from lunch and the dog almost got the whole roast before I had a chance to slice it. Luckily I have quick reflexes!!

2 comments:

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Colleen,
I can honestly say - I am certain I have never seen such a gorgeous family! Those are some good genes girl!

I am enjoying your blog!

Your day sounds wonderful - don't you sit and wonder after a day like that "Do other people have these days often? Where is the order form?"

Have a great Monday! Keep writing!

Rick said...

I like to draw to relax too. Quite a crew you have there.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/