My Blog List

Friday, October 26, 2007


Tonight was Trunk or Treat. Trunk or Treat is allot of fun, you park your car and pass out candy from your trunk. Maggie woke up this morning at the crack of dawn excited about tonight. I on the other hand was kind of hoping for a torrential downpour to cancel tonight's festivities. We did get rain, not enough to cancel the evening but just enough to get my shoes and the bottom of my pants soaking wet. They had over 400 kids registered so I spent over $40 on candy. They gave awards to the best dressed family, best decorated car and best costume. Some people went all out. One dad told me he was dressed as a dad who really wanted to be there tonight. I think we must shop at the same costume shop. Once you park you are not allowed to leave until it ends at 9:00. All kidding aside it really is a fun, safe evening for the kids and it was well organized. It was just cold and wet.


Lauren is coming home tomorrow for me to do her hair for a wedding. She told me last week
that I wasn't allowed to go to any of her siblings games tomorrow so I could fix her hair. Her boyfriend reminded her that she wasn't actually in the wedding so she probably could just do her own hair. That didn't go over real well with her. She called me tonight while I was at Trunk or Treat to ask me what time I planned on waking up in the morning. She has to be completely ready by 1:00. I guess she feels she needs more than 4 hours to become Cinderella.

Sam has parent weekend at her college. I think they are planning some type of Tennis match or something, parents vs kids for her soccer team. Sam is at her school on scholarship and financial aid. Most of her peers were born with silver spoons in their mouths. We on the otherhand didn't even use utensils for most meals. The girls are all really nice but I am not looking forward to playing tennis with a bunch of people who probably take lessons every summer at the country club!! I think I might rather go back to Trunk Or Treat or maybe even the art museum!!

1 comment:

desirae said...

I found your blog on momblogs, and I just wanted to say I enjoyed it very much.. It kept me entertained.. I'll be coming back to read up.. I really loved the nun one, and the field trip lunch, those cracked me up..