My Blog List

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Ryan woke up today with a large blue splotch on his back. Maggie left a marker on the couch with the lid off and Ryan fell asleep on the couch and rolled around with the marker all night. My new brown couch is now brown with blue spots. It actually matches my new kitchen table with the finger nail polish remover rings and the polka dots from Lauren's spray adhesive. The next piece of furniture I buy is coming from the Salvation Army. I tried to donate my old table and chair set when we moved and they said, "thanks but no thanks." I was able to sneak a coffee table with a missing pane of glass past their quality control. I stacked the three panels of remaining glass on top of each other and they didn't notice there should have been four. Maybe they just pitied me since they passed on my couch and kitchen table.

Today was unbelievably hot for October. We had 7 games today from 12:00 until 7:00. Dave and I brought the kids to 10:00 mass and then headed in different directions to different soccer fields. By the time I got to Maggie's 2:30 game I was beginning to melt. She was starving and I told her I would take her to get something to eat after the game. Forty minutes into her game I felt like I was going to pass out. I was so hot and all I had had to eat so far was a communion wafer. I came up with an idea for future games. I could buy a whistle and hide behind a bush and blow it 4 times to signal the end of the game. (It could work!!!!)

The game finally ended and we headed to McDonald's. I walked in with some very attractive sweat marks under my arms and all down the front of my shirt. It was a very relaxing lunch, we had twelve minutes to eat before we had to get home and change uniforms for her next game. (Doesn't every six year old play on two teams?) We were able to eat in about 6 minutes, the flies circling my food really sped up the process.

The kids are off of school tomorrow. Ryan is spending the night at his friends house tonight. He went to their parish picnic with them . When I called to check on him, his friends dad said "Ryan lost his shoes at the picnic." (Oh how shocking!!!) It was dark so they couldn't find them, they are going to run up there tomorrow and look for them then. God made that boy cute for a reason!!!!

The Margaret Mary costume is cut out!!! I'm getting there, I have until the 22ND. I will most likely be scrambling on the 21st to find a costume shop open at midnight with a nun costume!!

No comments: