My Blog List

Sunday, October 28, 2007

We had games all morning and afternoon so we went to a 6:00 mass this evening at a neighboring parish. They had a special collection for a retirement community for the nuns. They say the average age at the community was 90. Dave made Erin run inside with a twenty dollar donation after mass. He had left his wallet in the car. She was a little baffled as to why her father was giving the nun's $20 dollars when he won't buy her a pair of stiletto's to wear with her Halloween costume. I seriously doubt there are too many angels walking around in mini skirts and stilettos in heaven. I am guessing the twenty dollars will be better spent with the nuns.

Kelsey had three girls over to spend the night. They are on fall break all week. I don't know the parents very well since we are still fairly new to the school. When one of the girls got dropped off I was talking to her mom in the front yard. She was surprised when she found out I had college age kids. She said"Oh my gosh, you don't look old enough to have kids that old." I said my standard response "I started young but I feel old." My darling daughter Maggie, innocently kicking a soccer ball around in the front yard, piped in with "yeah she had her first baby when she was a teenager, I'm the youngest." Thanks for sharing all the family secrets Maggie. I'm sure this mother now has a wonderful first impression of me. I was 18 not 13 but I didn't feel like explaining, I just let her leave with her imagination running wild.

I went to the store to pick up a few snacks. Erin and Lauren went with me. They raced to the front seat and tied. They both sat in front on the way there. There are six other seats in the van and those two still have to fight over the front seat. Some things never change. Lauren is 20 and she will still knock someone out over the front seat. My deodorant disappeared off of my bathroom sink this morning. I had to use Old Spice deodorant today. I asked Lauren if she had seen my deodorant? She said"check my purse it might be in there." Sure enough that's where it was. I also found all of my make-up, my hair straightener, hairspray, shampoo and conditioner as well as my body wash up in Erin's bathroom. I love going on a scavenger hunt every night looking for all the things I need to keep up with my personal hygiene and beauty. One of the lovely pitfalls of having 6 daughters. I never have tampons, deodorant, or mascara.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet if you made Old Spicw your permanent deo of choice, it would stop disappearing.

**opmom.com
From your Command Center you can organize your family’s medical information & create wellness reminders, find & rate local service providers, plan & book the perfect vacation, get a handle on your photos, create & plan events and parties, stay in touch with your community using the innovative “HeadsUp” local broadcast feature, plus find inspiration for tonight’s dinner.