My Blog List

Monday, October 8, 2007

The kids were off of school today so I had an unusually tranquil morning. The girls at work were taking bets on how many phone calls I would get. They weren't too bad, just 4, it was a light day. I picked Ryan up after work from his friends house. They were able to find one of the shoes that he had lost last night. They just so happened to be his soccer spikes. I said to him, "Let me get this straight, so far this soccer season you have lost two complete sets of uniforms, a soccer bag and one soccer cleat. I believe there is nothing left to lose, you are wearing your sisters pink shin guards." Last season he would cry if I made him wear them. I told him no one would see them under his socks but he refused. This season he has had a change of heart, it is easier to wear pink shin guards then to look for his own. I told him we would have to amputate his right foot because we couldn't afford a new shoe.

Ryan asked me if I could cut his hair tonight. I asked him if he really wanted to be that close to me with scissors in my hand on the night I threatened to amputate his right foot? He passed on the haircut.

The Margaret Mary costume is still cut out and ready for me. Tomorrow is another day!!

No comments: