My Blog List

Thursday, October 4, 2007


Today started typically, Maggie brought me her library books to clean the dog pee off of them before she turned them in. If anyone has a first grader at Assumption, you may want to pass on Tallyho Pinkerton and the Rookie Reader with a picture of a boy with an iguana on his shoulder. Just a little heads up!!!



About this time 20 years ago I was in my 16th hour of labor with little Lauren. I think even at 9 months pregnant I was 20 lbs thinner then I am now. Oh that makes me so happy!!! It is hard to believe so many years have passed. I don't even feel 20 years older. (Except for the black hair that I plucked from my neck today.)



Erin got some new jeans today after school. Her and grandma went shopping, she bought these darling jeans that would look great on her if she got them three sizes larger. Why do teenage girls insist on tight jeans. (I remember when I was her age laying on my bed in all of my 85 lbs zipping my Jordache jeans with a hanger. ) She tried them on with one pink spike heel and one leopard print spike heel. She asked "Which shoes do you like better?" Um let me see, how about some khaki's and a pair of flip flops.



We had to go to the neighbors house(a classmate) for help with Maggie's spelling words tonight. One of the words she had written on her list was ort. I was a little uncertain of what ort could possibly be. Maggie said "Oh I know what it is, I think it is "ont." Oh yeah "ont" how silly of me, that makes much more sense. Erin used to be the same way in first grade. We would do a practice spelling test and she would get 10 wrong. We would write the ones she got wrong 5 times each and take another test. She would then get the other 10 wrong. Somehow we survived the year and she is a great student. She still can't spell but neither can her father.



I had quite a few new visitors to my site today. I now have visitors in 13 states and 3 countries pretty cool!!! Thanks for reading about my family's dysfunction and keep spreading the word.


Happy birthday little WA WA. I Love You!!!

(my favorite high maintenance daughter)


Happy birthday Kelly!!

(my favorite high maintenance friend)

No comments: