My Blog List

Saturday, October 20, 2007


Lauren came home Friday from college to get her fall clothes. We had our yard aerated last weekend. Lauren asked me what happened to the yard. I told her that we had it aerated and she said "Oh I thought wow, Seamus is doing really good at finally pooping outside." I then told her she was actually right, Seamus has been so good lately that I let him have a little party and all the neighborhood dogs came over and pooped exactly the same size and consistency every two inches in the front yard, and it is her week to pick up the dog poop!!!

Kelsey spent the night at a friends house so Maggie had to clean their room today all by herself. I will go upstairs with a broom tomorrow and get all the stuff out from under the bed. For right now it looks great. We got all of our Halloween decorations up tonight. They look pretty cool, Dave made a big spider web out of rope. Maggie was putting the pressure on to get the Halloween decoration out. That is important stuff to a six year old!!!

I cleaned my house all afternoon. The girls had about 6 empty bottles of shampoo sitting on the ledge of their bathtub. I guess you never know when an empty bottle could be useful. Erin and Shannon were home this afternoon so I actually had some helpers. The music they chose to blare through the house while they cleaned was not something that I would have selected but at least they were helping. I don't think they would have been quite as motivated if I would have cranked up the old Rick Springfield greatest hits CD.

2 comments:

Kellan said...

You have a beautiful family! I liked the "empty bottles of shampoo" part of your post. I have three girls (and one boy) and I can so relate to that. Nice post. See ya.

The Sports Mama said...

Hi! I was searching through random blogs and came across yours! :)

In my house, the housecleanig music is 80's rock. Motivates me, and my boys get too preoccupied watching me dance through the house to put up much of a fight about helping. :)