My Blog List

Friday, October 19, 2007



Maggie had a party to go to tonight. I wasn't exactly sure what time the party started nor who I should RSVP to or even what the phone number was. Luckily the little girl having the party has an older sister in Kelsey's class. She mentioned to Kelsey in class on Thursday that Maggie is the only kid in the class who hasn't rsvp'd. I was in the process of piecing the mystery of the smeared invitation together with Kelsey's CSI kit that she got for Christmas last year. When I took the smeared invitation off of the refrigerator to try and figure it out, I found another invitation behind it. Ryan has a party at an ice rink on Sunday. I guess that means I am going to spend the next two weeks explaining why he can no longer play ice hockey. Shannon is at a party tonight and wants to know how late she can stay, the invitation said the party ended at 10ish. I think that means 10:05, she thinks it means Midnight! Kelsey is at a trivia night with a few friends and Erin is at a friends house in our old neighborhood working on her Halloween costume. When my kids were babies I remember thinking how I would probably wait up all night for them to come home when they are teenagers. Now that reality has set in I think, whatever you do don't wake me up unless you are on fire or bleeding. Wake up your father!!

I bought a new vacuum tonight. The other one we have has been used as a barricade on it's side to help keep the dog in his crate. I picked up some carpet stain remover while I was at the store. Lauren mentioned that our carpet was starting to look like the carpet at our old house. Maybe we should be like gypsies and move every couple of years. We could start fresh with new carpet and a new school where no one knows who we are and that I pack m&m's for lunch and send my kids to school dressed as a nuns. Dave invited his study group over Sunday. Now I have to get all the stains out of the carpet and clean all my toilets to look like a mom that has it all together. It is so hard keeping up this charade!!!

Oh yeah I almost forgot, the tooth fairy bolted out of bed at 6:20 am in a state of panic. Of course she failed again miserably. Falling into bed completely exhausted her little angel's tooth slipped her mind. She woke up Dave and asked him if he had any money. Luckily daddy pulled through and took care of the tooth fairy duties. He never did find her tooth but he did manage to put the cash under the pillow.

No comments: