My Blog List

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Today I am tired from staying up past midnight working on my presentation every night this week. I really don't feel like looking for anything funny in my day. (Was there anything funny in my day today??) Oh yeah Maggie asked me if I finished her Margaret Mary costume? That was pretty funny!!

We went to high school night . That is where different Catholic high schools in the area put on 30 minute presentations to tell you about their school. The first one we visited was Incarnate Word, that is where Erin goes and Sam and Lauren graduated from. I think I could have actually given the presentation since we are on our 7th year there. They gave everyone who came a free t-shirt. Hey, didn't I finance those with my last seven years of tuition. Shannon was still on the fence between two schools. I overheard Erin say as we are leaving "I can't believe she is even considering going to that stupid school." I wonder if the 400 students that go there realize that it is a stupid school I may try and get a buzz book so Erin can call everyone to let them know. Because everyone knows her school is far more superior to Shannon's other choice of school.

Today a boy asked Kelsey out. He told her, her freckles were beautiful and her eyes were the color of the bluest sea. What has he been reading?? She turned him down. She used to like him but not anymore. You snooze you lose. She said, he should have asked earlier!!

Grandma told Ryan tonight that she wanted him to be in charge of the trash each week. He normally carries the trash cans back, he learned the hard way this summer that it is better to drag the cans back after the trash man comes. The week he returned full trash cans back to the garage it reached 98 degrees. Our whole house smelled like the county dump. She said his new job was to go around and empty the little trashcans on trash day. He said "no way grandma, I am not touching the girls bathroom trashcan that is full of, Oh God, don't make me say it." I think grandma may need to find a new special helper for that job!!

Lauren had a luncheon to go to at the Ritz (an expensive hotel) put on by her college for all scholarship recipients. She sent me a text message while I was at work that I needed to work a little harder that she thinks she wants to have her wedding reception there when she gets married. She sent the same message to her father. Her father is still trying to figure out what a text message is!! We have already told her we have 6 bright shiny ladders picked out for each of them to elope with. If she is the first to get married she gets first pick. I am pretty crafty, I can hot glue all kinds of fancy stuff to her ladder!!

No comments: